10/16/2008

Fact from Fiction

My 12 year old is using the net more than ever especially to do project work. In the age where finding information is as easy as typing a word and then pressing search, I have to induct and perhaps instruct her with a new literacy - that of the internet media literacy - which involves discerning the information read.

I thought I start small by teaching her about reliability of sources and the importance to verify a source by looking at a few sources. I reckon it will also be useful for her when she goes to secondary school (7th grade) when testing the realiability of sources is a type of assessment here.

I thought this site is rather useful to teach them to be more dicerning especially when doing research.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - drop by again sometime..

Amazon Music