10/15/2008

Sometimes Love Just Aint Enough

I got a little nostalgic thinking of the song
'Sometimes Love Just Aint Enough by Patty Smyth'. It goes something like:

I don't wanna lose you,
But I don't wanna use you
Just to have sombody by my side.
And I don't wanna hate you
I don't wanna take you
But I don't wanna be the one to cry.
And I don't really matter
To anyone, anymore.
But like a fool I keep losing my place
And I keep seeing you walk through that door.

But there's a danger in loving somebody too much
And it's sad when you know it's your heart you can't trust.
There's a reason why people don't stay where they are
Baby sometimes love just ain't enough.

Full Lyrics click here

I was reading a forum page just a few hours ago and was a little affected by how at times, marriage which seemingly could not be reconciled..or is it? I have heard couples - even the seemingly happy ones saying they are staying in the marriage for the kids...but is this enough?

Would the kids ultimately know this truth? How affected will the kids be? Studies have actually show that growing up in broken families lead to some learning difficulties in children. Sigh..my heart just aches for these souls.

6 comments:

  1. I love this song....

    Even after marriage, we still have to learn how to understand each other better, in order to make the relationship last.

    It's indeed really sad to hear couples breaking up and kids have to live in such environment.

    - Ling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so totally agree. ;) Someone used to tell me "marriage is a lot of hard work dear". Now I fully understand the wisdom in that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, from MBC here. i love this song since i was in high school. all the drama of love and adolescence..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks lorela for your comment! ;)

    I love the song for the same resons too..But I feel that love gets even more melodramatic after marriage LOL ;p

    drop in more often k

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the title of this song. Yes, sometimes love just aint enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Happy mom
    Indeed! I guess when the love has somewhat eroded over the years, commitment and respect are the things that glue the relationship ;)

    Thanks for dropping by happy mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - drop by again sometime..

Amazon Music