5/25/2009

Surviving School

I remember my school days..there were bullies of course..and I was one of those being bullied. I recalled however, standing up for myself one day and it scared the living daylights out of her. Why am I recalling such unplesant memories? You see my girl,in her tweens, is going through the phase where peer acceptance is the 'do or die' situation. I've talked to her about the importance of standing up for what she believes in and not succumb to peer pressure as it is mostly rather unhealthy.

She had some issues with her classmates the last one week and as a mother bent on defending her cub, I did what I thought was best - intervene. But I cannot do that all the time..she needs survival skills on her own..so there began the quest to teach her to be street smart. I would not know how I succeed thus far..guess only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - drop by again sometime..

Amazon Music